BREM is looking for - Maintenance Technician
BREM is looking to hire a motivated, efficient, and reliable Maintenance Technician to provide assistance with maintaining WestStar Tower.
WestStar Tower at Hunt Plaza is a mixed-use state-of-the-art commercial building. The 20-story tower is located in the heart of downtown El Paso, Texas and occupies a full city block.
When complete in early 2021, it will be the tallest building in El Paso at over 313 feet. WestStar Tower will provide 264,000 SF of Class-AA office space, 12,000 SF of ground-level retail space, and 850 parking spaces in an integrated parking garage. Tenants will enjoy many 21st century efficiencies and conveniences, flexible and modern workspaces, refreshing green spaces, and dining areas. Learn more at www.weststartower.com.
BREM- Best Real Estate Management, Inc., a well-established and growing El Paso based real estate management services company, will be leading the property management for the WestStar Tower. The current opportunity is for a take-charge Maintenance team member.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for effectively and efficiently performing the operations and maintenance tasks at assigned properties, to include WestStar Tower.
RESUMES should be sent to email@example.com
To be a successful BREM team member, you will need to have the following qualifications:
- Must have a High School education or trade school
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a maintenance or building technician.
- Commercial building maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be bondable and have a valid Driver License
- Knowledgeable and skilled in appliance repair, light carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, fire and sprinkler systems.
- Knowledgeable in safe and proper use of tools; OSHA regulations, safety codes and PPE usage.
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing, with peers, managers, and clients
- Have exceptional people skills and be able to provide an exceptional customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and have excellent organizational skills
- Detailed oriented and highly accurate, especially with numbers
- Be able to work under pressure and display exemplary time management skills
- Be self-motivated, self-directed, and assertive
- Be able to work with all team members, at all levels
- Have excellent problem-solving skills as an individual and as a member of a collaborative team
- Be able to take direction and function as part of a team
- Must be able to work overtime and be on-call
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance and/or repairs in a timely and professional manner.
- Assure all work order requests are completed daily.
- Accurately document work performed on work order request, including parts and return to supervisor by end of day. Complete renewal work order requests in the same timely manner.
- Follow-up on completed work order requests to ensure satisfaction. Follow-up on incomplete work order requests.
- Promote good public relations with tenants, co-workers, and company. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards tenants and other employees. Never confront supervisors or other employees in front of tenants.
- Inspect vacated units and complete work order, if needed. Inform site manager of needed services and repairs. Re-inspect vacant commercial buildings after make-ready has been completed to determine quality of work performed.
- Complete special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by the On-site manager.
- Inspect interior and exterior of the property. Perform building and common area upkeep daily in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter.
- Assist with the tenant improvements as required. Schedule make ready employees, as necessary. Maintain an average of 50% of make-readies are market-ready monthly. Ensure vacant units are "trashed-out" within 24 hours of move-out.
- Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance. Maintain accurate records and provide training as required.
- Order parts and supplies and maintain inventory. Maintain shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply inventory. Maintain proper equipment, and equipment inventory to ensure warranty compliance.
- Obtain bids and negotiate prices, as necessary, with vendors and contractors.
- Coordinate delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors, and On-site Manager.
- Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
- Coordinate maintenance objectives with the On-site Manager daily.
- Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA, and health codes. Perform work area clean-up on a weekly basis.
- Recommends and implements improvements for preventative maintenance programs and develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedures
Benefits to working with the BREM team:
- Competitive base salary - this is a full-time salaried position.
- A robust benefits package to include medical and dental, Simple IRA with a company match, company paid holidays and PTO.
- And an opportunity to grow!
Interested candidates should apply online through this posting. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. RESUMES should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment writing assessment and spreadsheet analysis and drug screening. BREM is an equal opportunity employer.